How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a rural area and it's residential, Aug gas and oil

Customer Question

I live in a rural area and it's residential, Aug gas and oil company bought property to build a compressor station and has begun work on it. It is 150 yes from my property. They also bought property 1/4 mile from me and put a meter reading station. The opposite direction about 1/4 mile from me that are putting a well pad. A map of this area shows gas wells every 1500 yes to be put in. I had an appraisal done on my property and was given an estimate without these and with these. With this construction I am down $100,000. I have approached this company numerous times to buy me out and that refuse, even though they surround me. I feel this should now be zoned ad industrial, since another company already built a compressor stationing front of me. Anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have received permits for their projects, I am afraid that legally there is nothing you could do other than trying to sue the company for their wells and compressors and meter stations creating a nuisance causing devaluation to your property. You have your appraisals to support your contention that their construction in your area has caused your property to lose value, so you have to show that it is a nuisance and as such you are entitled to damages. If they received permits though, it is going to be a difficult case, but one they may choose to settle with you and you would need a local real estate land use litigation attorney to represent you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions