Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I just lost the buyer on my townhouse due to the fact that

Customer Question
the property management company. Failed to...
I just lost the buyer on my townhouse due to the fact that the property management company.
Failed to renew the FHA APPROVAL.
Do I have any recourse ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the property management company was negligent in renewing the approvals and it was their responsibility to do so, then they are liable to you for all damages reasonably flowing from that negligence. If you can prove you lost the sale because of the negligence of failure to obtain the FHA approval, then you can sue them for that loss, but you need to try to find a new buyer in the meantime to mitigate that loss. So yes, if you get less than what that first buyer you lost was going to pay or suffer any other loss, you can sue the management company for their negligence.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer