How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been trying to get a loan modification house. I am 12

Customer Question

I've been trying to get a loan modification for my house. I am 12 months behind. I've come up with some money to help towards what is owed. I want to stay in my house. My mortgage company is Nationstar.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No-but I'm going to on Aug. 1st-to file for divorce. My husband does not live in the home.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to stay in my house.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, we had a technical issue on our end and the answer I typed was deleted midstream. I am retyping it now.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

You can apply for the modification under the HAMP loan modification program and if you qualify the lender will put you on 3 month trial period. If you make payments on time during this period, then the loan modification agreement becomes final. The other option you can try is a chapter 13 bankruptcy to reorganize your debts.