Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My general contractor is refusing to come to work middle of

Customer Question

my general contractor is refusing to come to work middle of dispution over payment. I am having trouble making another installment til all the shady work he has done so far. I haave alreaddy paid 32000 dollars out of 39000 estimate. For example, we ask him to pull the permit for our master bathroom permit for washer dryer along with replacing tiles. they had a perfect opptunity to cut subflloor to plumbing work but they installed the tile first then build starge intruding wall to run pipes. Of course permit got never pulled. another issue is installed frameless shower but one side glass is too short to close the shower door. It is enless. Popfiller they installed i found out later they hook it up to sprinkler line which it gets shut duriing winter timel List is on and on. Kichen islan got designed was nothing I ask for when I return from vacation. I found from his cabinet supply that he only got pai half. Now I am worrying about mecanic lien my house How can end this contract wihtout get involve like mechanic lien from anybody got involve from this profect. I also want dispute the credit charge of 8000 ollars which I consider as service is not lendered.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. These types of disputes with contractors are very common. At this point I would suggest filing a lawsuit against him for the damages he has called and also ask the court for in a junction preventing him from filing any sort of lien on the property.

Injunction