Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My wife and I are an older couple and have been looking

Customer Question

My wife and I are an older couple and have been looking for a recreational property in the state of Missouri for retirement and investment for the past 3 years. We live in another state and have always thought Missouri such a wonderful and pretty state.We have looked at a total of 5 properties and used 2 different agents with different firms during this time and never on the same properties. This 2 agent situation was the result of online search and conversation. They both periodically emailed listings. We never signed any employment or exclusive contract until we made our offer. Now we have a contract and the other agent finding out we bought with another firm has become boarder line harassing. Calling and making extremely unprofessional comments, never threatening but just very unprofessional and unnerving. To be honest we are some what uncomfortable owning property anywhere near this individual and are reconsidering our state selection for retirement as a result. What are my options?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you actually signed a purchase contract for the property?

.

Are you asking if you can cancel the purchase based on the realtor being passive aggressive towards you?

.

Have you told the realtor to stop contacting you or you will seek a restraining order against them for harassment?

.

.

thanks