How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41623
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to buy my dad's house from m without the aid

Customer Question

Is it possible for me to buy my dad's house from him without the aid of a real estate agent? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You absolutely do so.You would go to local title company and have them prepare sales contract with terms.If you are financing it with lender then they would work with them to fund the loan and proceed to closing.If there is earnest money they hold funds in escrow until closing.They prepare the deed, deed of trust, note , and disclosures here.They can also tell you if a survey is needed here or not.

There are many title companies such as Stewart Title that are pretty much everywhere.

Hopefully the closing can be done in 30-45 days here depending on time to get your loan approved .But they can do it all give them a call.If you want a title policy they can sell you that too.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck with closing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ray I was a little confused by the beginning of your response. All the information you gave. Pointed towards just needing a title company. However you said"you absolutely do so" what part does the realtor play in the whole process?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Let me clarify here.No need for realtor, title company can do it all and do it correctly.They also hold any earnest money as well.Thanks for letting me follow up.