KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

I missed my hamp payments while in bankruptcy and fell out

Customer Question

I missed my hamp payments while in bankruptcy and fell out of.bankrutcy is.there anything.I can do, to save my home?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a wells Fargo loan
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist you today.

There are some things you can do to save your home, but ultimately you would have to come up with at least some money up front to get onto a payment plan.

If you file for bankruptcy again, that will delay any foreclosure proceeding. It will also get rid of any personal liability you may have for the mortgage which is helpful.

If you have enough money for the deposit at the foreclosure sale, you can purchase your own property. At that point, if you can't come up with the rest of the money to purchase it then the foreclosure process would start again, but you would gain yourself months more in the home.

You can also offer a lump sum and a payment plan to the bank and see if you can get back on track. That usually involves borrowing money from someone to save your home.

Let me know if you have any questions about the above.

Thanks

Kim

Hi, just checking to see if you have any follow up questions before we close out the question.

If you are all set, please be sure to rank my answers in the top 3 positive ratings, which will give me credit for my work here with you today.

Thanks and take care,

Kim