How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I missed my hamp payments while in bankruptcy and fell out

Customer Question

I missed my hamp payments while in bankruptcy and fell out of.bankrutcy is.there anything.I can do, to save my home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a wells Fargo loan
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist you today.

There are some things you can do to save your home, but ultimately you would have to come up with at least some money up front to get onto a payment plan.

If you file for bankruptcy again, that will delay any foreclosure proceeding. It will also get rid of any personal liability you may have for the mortgage which is helpful.

If you have enough money for the deposit at the foreclosure sale, you can purchase your own property. At that point, if you can't come up with the rest of the money to purchase it then the foreclosure process would start again, but you would gain yourself months more in the home.

You can also offer a lump sum and a payment plan to the bank and see if you can get back on track. That usually involves borrowing money from someone to save your home.

Let me know if you have any questions about the above.



Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking to see if you have any follow up questions before we close out the question.

If you are all set, please be sure to rank my answers in the top 3 positive ratings, which will give me credit for my work here with you today.

Thanks and take care,