How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem where cars can not access my property from

Customer Question

I have a problem where cars can not access my property from the public street. Trying to get help from my councilman's office I was told there was nothing they could do to help. Sent two letters to the mayors office, the second with return receipt so I know the second letter was received. It's over a month and I never get any reply. Anybody have a suggestion on what I can do from here, and who could possibly help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Does the city own the land surrounding your property, or is it possible to pass through a neighbor's land to get to the main road? Was your property ever part of a larger piece of land that does adjoin a public road (whether a main road or a smaller one)?