How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to go into my house in TN and inspect the home. I

Customer Question

I want to go into my house in TN and inspect the home. I have rented the house out, but my neighbors have told me that my renter, has been hoarding and let a lot of damage come to my property without calling me about anything. She has been paying the rent though.
Can I evict her based on the roof, sliding and electrical damages to my home? I have tried to contact her, with no response.
Do I have to wait 30 days or can I do it right away?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Prior to doing anything, you do want and need to inspect the rental. You can contact the tenant and make arrangements to go by but if they fail to cooperate, you can provide them with reasonable, written notice and inspect the home, to see exactly what is going on. If there is damage and they are neglecting the home and it is at risk and has major issues, as a result of their actions, you can provide them with a notice to cure and fix these things or proceed with eviction. You do not have to sit idle and allow the home to be neglected and can evict them and start the process, prior to 30 days. Based upon what you share above, if she failed to sign and take the notice, then you can try calling and if she does not answer, appear at that point, since she is acting in bad faith.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Related Real Estate Law Questions