Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

We are selling a property in California, Bay Area. Now the

Customer Question

We are selling a property in California, Bay Area. Now the sale has failed to close and we still have an open escrow on it. Are we able to put it back on the market with the still open escrow account? Can we use a different title company when re-listing? It is highly likely the current escrow account will be open for quite a while, so I just want to make sure we're still able to sell while the dispute over previous buyer's earnest money is going on.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Yes if the buyer failed to close here and contract expired you are free to seek a new buyer and a new sales contract.You can and may want to use a new title company if you choose and a new escrow agent.You would be free to seek new buyer and use a different title company and escrow.Overall it is probably a good idea to do so and seek to move on with anew buyer.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate the chance to be of service.Let me know if you have more, it is not a problem.If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.