How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3988
Experience:  30 years of experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having trouble with Special Loan Servicing. I'm try to

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with Special Loan Servicing. I'm try to obtain loan modification documents, and pay off quote document and monthly payment discrepancies. I have read there is a class action suit against them and have read online several other parties have encountered the same situation as myself.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

This is a form of fraud and bad faith and you do have remedies. There are a few steps you can take prior to bringing litigation that will not cost you any money.

1) You can file a complaint with your state's Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection. You can contact the Florida AG here:

2) You can file a complaint with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This federal agency regulates the activities of finacial institutions and lenders:

Both of the above actions will not cost you anything to do.

3) You can file a lawsuit against the lender. These practices can be shown to have been taken in bad faith. If so you may be entitled to punitive damages as well as your attorney's fees. So it is worth sitting down with a consumer protection attorney to get an assessment of your case. You can find local consumer protection attorneys through the following link:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Related Real Estate Law Questions