How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an HOA where there is zero tolerance of parking a

Customer Question

I live in an HOA where there is zero tolerance of parking a motor home in my driveway. I am handicapped and have plates and a tag. I told them that they are not being reasonable and I have a mobility issues. I am also 100% service connected disabled and need to load my motor home with supplies from my home. There deeds and covenants are a burden on my disability.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

ANSWER: I do not see a specific legal question in your inquiry; but you may have a claim for disability discrimination under the federal and Florida Fair Housing Acts. A "reasonable accommodation" is typically required by law to accommodate your disability.

Related Real Estate Law Questions