Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My question relates to a problem within the construction of

Customer Question

My question relates to a problem within the construction of homes, specific to brick, stucco and stone veneer. The problem relates to new construction details used for the purpose of providing protection against moisture infiltration into the structures that is presently failing, causing, in many cases, extensive and costly repairs. One example is: The details provided by the stone veneer manufactures require the system to be installed in a manner that is defective in design and is failing in case after case. Because this problem usually does not surface for, typically 10 plus years the homeowners have no way to recover costs through litigation. Can you advise...
Ron McClure
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "Please advise...". "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.