How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Erin Blohm Your Own Question
Erin Blohm
Erin Blohm,
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Erin Blohm is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find court records?

Customer Question

How do I find court records for free?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Erin Blohm replied 1 year ago.

Most states have websites with free access to court proceedings/ records. For instance, Oklahoma provides Iowa provides So, depending on which state you are hoping to access records from, you should be able to find the state's website. If you are looking for more general court information in the form of cases and caselaw, Cornell's law school has a very useful website that has a multitude of caselaw and statutes--federal and individual states.

Best of luck to you. If you do not require additional assistance, please rate my service. Also, kindly note, this is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship/ privilege and may not be applicable in all situations and/ or jurisdictions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the sentences and etc including prison time, etc?
Expert:  Erin Blohm replied 1 year ago.

Iowa offers access at, but there is a fee associated with registration. offers a variety of searches of public records, as well. Depending on what you are attempting to find, you can also try to use What information you will be able to find depends on the jurisdiction and the type of information. For instance, a lot of divorce orders are sealed and not accessible unless you go to the courthouse in-person and petition for release of the record. Similarly, juvenile records and often criminal sentencing work the same way. There are a multitude of services that will provide you with that information for a fee though--usually $15 or so.