How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of getting a divorce and was just

Customer Question

I am in the process of getting a divorce and was just granted full possession of one of the three houses I will have to move into. We have a tenant on a "month to month" rental agreement that has filed a unlawful eviction against my husband but named me, also. I have responded and we go to court in August. The property I currently live in is to be sold and I need to be able to move into the property in August. The month to month was signed on May 28, 2015 but the tenant did not reside at the house from June 25 until November 30th. He does not pay rent but was given a month to month to work on the property and pay 1/2 of the utility bills. QUESTION - DO I HAVE TO GIVE HIM A 30 DAY NOTICE OR 60 DAY NOTICE?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Which state?

How long has the tenant resided at the premises?

Where did he live when he was gone for 6 mos?