How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My landlord is the owner and that is living in California he

Customer Question

Hello my landlord is the owner and that is living in California he hired an agency here in Texas to oversee his property I'm one of his rents, I made several complaints about repair that needed to be done to the home including the possibility of mold and that me and my children's lives were placed in danger due to a gas leak and which this agency sent out two unlicensed technicians to go into the attic and release gas I have CenterPoint Energy to come out but they did find a gas leak with a vowel was loose and the gas line was open on the furnace up stairs in the attic I did report this to the agency then shortly afterwards I was threatened with the rent increase also I thought I didn't sign the lease right away they terminated my contract telling me I have 30 days to move. During that time Houston had a major rain storm that hit the hit the city and I was unable to find anywhere to go. The landlord came down here to Houston he said he was going to fix everything and what about his lease I told him I would sign the lease since he was going to make the repairs, I started enquiring on when the repairs are going to be made then I was told that the two-year extension lease was voided and that I had 30 days to move then landlord gave me permission to stay another 30 days after he told me to move but I had to pay my rent which I did so. Because we could not find anywhere to go due the flooding that occurred in the area. Please call me if you need more detail cuz there is more to tell at(###) ###-#### ***** have however went to Harris County Court and have sent a letter of demand to them demanding payment for the replacement of my furniture after the insurance has paid for my furniture to be replaced once and will not pay for it to be replaced again I had to wait 10 days before I can file in court and I just saw on the 10th pay the landlord decided to send a mold inspector and Air Quality Inspector in a unmarked truck did not have card or license. Now the landlord wants to send a person to repair the toilet that has leaked all my furniture 5 times. I'm a single mom and I have talked to legal aid but they said that I make over their guidelines requirements and to contact a lawyer at this Web site
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Related Real Estate Law Questions