How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7311
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in South Carolina and Own a mobile Home. My

Customer Question

I live in South Carolina and Own a mobile Home. My ex-girlfriend moved in with me 9 months ago. We have since broken up but she refuses to move out. The house is in my name, all the utilities are in my name and she has not worked since she moved in so I have paid all the bills. How do I get her to legally move out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

What you have is a house guest who has overstayed their welcome. There is very little law concerning this situation. Many people might take the bull by the horns and simply change the locks and put that person's property out on the porch. That risks the person claiming that they have a rental agreement and have been unlawfully evicted. You can end up in court over that. A frequent suggestion is to send that person a written notice to vacate by a certain date and time. The notice would state that their failure to do so will result in them No longer having access to the home for either themselves or their personal property. Then, have a good lawyer standing by.

Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.

Related Real Estate Law Questions