Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My daughters father is moving out of s rent stabilizatied

Customer Question

My daughters father is moving out of his rent stabilizatied apt. I just found out from his mother that he is planning to illegally sub letting the apt to a friend after it was agreed when he moved he will leave it for me and his daughter. I lived in that apt for over 5 years and paid all bills until a domestic issue where I moved because he began to abuse me in front of our daughter. I feel like I should be entitled to the apt and he should not be allowed to give it up to a stranger especially with all my information still linked to the apt. How should I go about this?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ny
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only about child support but he plans on moving to CA but August
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: By*
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards to? Whose name is ***** ***** apartment?