How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father is moving out of s rent stabilizatied

Customer Question

My daughters father is moving out of his rent stabilizatied apt. I just found out from his mother that he is planning to illegally sub letting the apt to a friend after it was agreed when he moved he will leave it for me and his daughter. I lived in that apt for over 5 years and paid all bills until a domestic issue where I moved because he began to abuse me in front of our daughter. I feel like I should be entitled to the apt and he should not be allowed to give it up to a stranger especially with all my information still linked to the apt. How should I go about this?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ny
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only about child support but he plans on moving to CA but August
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: By*
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards to? Whose name is ***** ***** apartment?