How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Inspector sez room i rent is illegal in 2 family house. how

Customer Question

inspector sez room i rent is illegal in 2 family house. how much time do i have to find suitable shelter, and is my landlord responsible for moving cost
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney of 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist for informational purposes.

Although they may want you out, in order to actually get you out, he or she would have to file an eviction proceeding, which normally takes between a few weeks to a month or so to complete.