Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I hold a mortgage which they are not paying. The house has

Customer Question
been up for sale with...
I hold a mortgage which they are not paying. The house has been up for sale with no results & it's in disrepair. We have been thru bankruptcy & forclouser before, which was stopped before bec she paid up but now she just ants to walk away.
How can I get rid of this bec I don't want it either. I am 1st lein holder but I feel that it cannot be sold bec of its condition. I don't want to be associated with this situation anymore. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/8/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The best thing would be if you could sell your lien rights to someone else at a discount...which would allow you out of the deal and also put some money in your pocket. Otherwise, you could cancel/release your lien and deed of trust and just walk away.

If there is a second lienholder on the property, that would be the best chance to sell the note/lien rights as it would allow the second lienholder to move itself to first position.

Roger, Lawyer