How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hold a mortgage which they are not paying. The house has

Customer Question

I hold a mortgage which they are not paying. The house has been up for sale with no results & it's in disrepair. We have been thru bankruptcy & forclouser before, which was stopped before bec she paid up but now she just ants to walk away.
How can I get rid of this bec I don't want it either. I am 1st lein holder but I feel that it cannot be sold bec of its condition. I don't want to be associated with this situation anymore. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The best thing would be if you could sell your lien rights to someone else at a discount...which would allow you out of the deal and also put some money in your pocket. Otherwise, you could cancel/release your lien and deed of trust and just walk away.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If there is a second lienholder on the property, that would be the best chance to sell the note/lien rights as it would allow the second lienholder to move itself to first position.