How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are first floor condo owners, we bought it 5 years ago,

Customer Question

We are first floor condo owners, we bought it 5 years ago, we lived there for 3 years, we've installed laminet flooring using extra padding to reduce noise, because of my husbands chronic cough now we are renting unit for 1,5years.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: About 1 month ago association send us a letter saying that we don't have wall to wall carpeting wchich is required by rules, we ask our dr for note saying about my husbands condition, but they still denying our explanation, they saying that individual not living thehe....
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: But at the time we did it we were there for 3 years!
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I called, but he told me to cooperate with association, because they gave us one more chance to write another letter...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

I certainly understand that you installed this flooring while your husband was living there with this condition, but unfortunately the association does have the right to insist that there is currently carpet in there, based on whatever percentage is required by the rules.

A medical exception would only apply if that person was actually living there. I know that you prefer not to have to make that change, but you could simply ask the tenant to put in some area rugs so that you don't have to do anything.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.