How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am selling a property that I own and is deeded to me. to

Customer Question

i am selling a property that I own and is deeded to me. to my son. is it necessary to put the deed in his name in order for him to secure a first mortgage?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Yes, it is necessary that your son's name be on the deed to the property if he wants to get a mortgage. It is ok for you or anyone else to also be on the deed, but the person requesting the mortgage does need to be listed as an owner of the property.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.



Related Real Estate Law Questions