How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my partner made a deal, that she would lend me

Customer Question

Me and my partner made a deal , that she would lend me $20,000 dlls to pay off my bills and needed to buy a car becouse my mother at that time one of her legs were gettin amputated , and i put my house in her name my partner and when i payed her back she was going to give my house back , so i did put my house in her name , but she never gave me the money and now she wants to kick me and my kids out of the house , and for me not to get the house back she called her mother in Mexico to come here so she can put the house in her mothers name . My question is can i get my house back , im dissable and can't work no more and can't buy another house .
P.S. my house is payed off
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Jesus,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you can get your house back.

You will need to immediately sue your partner in court for Breach of Contract and the court will order that she return title to the property to you because she did not keep her end of the agreement. When you file the lawsuit you will also need to file a Lis Pendens with the county land records office to notify all potentially buyers that you have a lawsuit against the present deeded owner that challenges ownership of the property. Even if she transfers title to her mother or to another person the court can still restore title to the property to you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? I am not compensated until you rate me.

Thanks in advance,