How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  real estate law
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad lives in Montgomery county Maryland. He is over 90

Customer Question

My dad lives in Montgomery county Maryland. He is over 90 and has a granddaughter living with her young son. She does not work and has men stay over and the police have been by the house frequently because of abuse between her and her gentleman callers. How can my Dad get her to leave( she refuses) or at least to stop this on his property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I will respond here. Please be patient while I type the information. I do not participate in any phone call offers that may be offered by this site. I will respond here shortly.

How long has she been living with him?

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

A guest may be a visitor or a family member -- even a child or parent of the owner -- who has entered the premises with the owner or tenant's permission. They may on occasion share some minor expenses, but they do not pay rent. If the guest refuses to leave when asked, the owner or tenant may seek to evict him by filing a civil action called a Forcible Entry and Detainer with the district court alleging that he is the rightful occupant of the premises and that the defendant refuses to leave.

I suggest your Dad should get an Forcible Entry and Detainer form from the District Court in Montgomery County. He will fill it out and then file it. He will need the title to the property to show he is the rightful owner. If the judge issues an Order, then she the right to appeal within ten (10) days of the judgment. If she does not appeal, the police will ensure that the she is removed from the property.