Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Does a former homeowner have a right to file a right of

Customer Question

Does a former homeowner have a right to file a right of redemption, after their home is sold in a sheriff sale if they had tenants living there?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Just a couple minutes while I type out a response..

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately no, Pennsylvania does not have a post-sale statutory right of redemption, which allows a party whose property has been foreclosed to reclaim that property by making payment in full of the sum of the unpaid loan plus costs.

.

The fact that the property was being used as a rental doesn't affect this so as to give a statutory right of redemption. The laws that govern Pennsylvania foreclosures are found in Pa. R.C.P. 1141-1164 (Actions to Foreclose a Mortgage), 3180-3183 (Judgments in Mortgage Foreclosure), and 8103 et. seq. (Deficiency Judgments).

.

.

thanks

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so should I be considered that the pay out amount doesn't show the 10% interest?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "the pay out amount doesn't show the 10% interest?"

.

Once the sale occurs, it is over with...

.

.

thanks