Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Developer wants to build a 120 unit apartment complex on

Customer Question
10.057 acres. The right...
Developer wants to build a 120 unit apartment complex on 10.057 acres. The right of way
for egress & ingress is 1.39 acres. The town of Farmville, VA zoning says no more than 10 units per acre. Developer claims that the ROW roadway acreage can be included in the
total acreage for 120 units. We say no, you can only build 100 units. Who is right?
The second part of the question is that the 10.057 acres is owned by one company and the ROW is owned by another company. The developer is the principal of both LLC's. Does
it matter that they are two distinct legal entities?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier. Finally, please remember to assign a feedback rating to close out the question.

Answer will follow in the pane below in a short while….let me take a look at the zoning ordinance.

Can you please tell me what section you are looking at?

Tina, Lawyer