How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116702
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe back property taxes 1999 14x70 house trailer.I bought

Customer Question

I owe back property taxes for my 1999 14x70 house trailer.I bought it in 2003 had the title changed over into my name.Had it moved to my property in Sublette county. But did not pay the taxes. I already feel I will lose my property for back taxes.Is there any thing I can do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, they do not come and repossess or take your trailer because of non-payment of taxes on the trailer. They can sell real estate for back taxes, but your trailer, they will put a lien on the title and prevent you from selling it and can also subsequently file to suspend your driver's license for back taxes, but they are not going to take your trailer.

Related Real Estate Law Questions