How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33763
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if a landlord falsified my signature and added

Customer Question

what can I do if a landlord falsified my signature and added me to a contract? Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What was the contract for? How do you know it was the landlord that falsified the signature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract was a lease at an apartment complex when I was working in Hondo Texas I was the last one to leave I never signed a contract I was allowed to move to a different apartment which I Did that was last year and I just received a letter from a lawyer and requested a copy of the contract which I never received.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I understand your facts now, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is what can I do I've been stressed out everyday. my credit score went down so I'm having trouble buying things on credit?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You can sue them for the signature and then any effect/damages you have had based on their actions. In Texas you can sue for up to $10k in small claims court and represent yourself or you can hire a lawyer and file in one of the other courts.

If you decide to represent yourself then you would need to do some research and I'd suggest going to the website below and buying their e-books on legal research and handling your own small claims case.

With those books you should be ready to go and pursue the landlord.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.