How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42327
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a standard possession order, is it that the parent with

Customer Question

In a standard possession order, is it that the parent with right to determine residence, must first seek court approval to relocate outside the county, or does not need court approval?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

If you are relocating out of county you need to seek modification of the standard possession order and get the court to approve the move.If any other issues need to be addressed say increasing support you can combine these into one modification hearing here.But you would need approval and modification here as it affects visitation and related issues as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.