How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41037
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Paid $5000 to builder money to build me a home, change s

Customer Question

Hello, Paid $5000 to builder for Earnest money to build me a home, change his promises and holding my money. how can I get my money back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can file in small claims yourself pro se without a lawyer.You can sue up to $10k in losses.You need to see if builder is a corporation and you check with Texas Secretary of state to serve the registered agent.You get a hearing date and can then go and tell the judge and hopefully get judgment.It is very collectible it liens any real property belonging to the corporate builder.

Self help, you file in jp were the property was located.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you have more follow up please just ask.If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Related Real Estate Law Questions