Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Are city ordinances viewable by the public and does the city

Customer Question

Are city ordinances viewable by the public and does the city need to notify the public of "revisions"?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Yes, any city ordinances should be available for public viewing/review. You may have to go to city hall or to a specific local government office to do it, but this information would be public.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

As for any changes to the city ordinances, a vote of the city council (or governing entity) or a vote by the citizens would be required......and any meetings or voting results would be public, so there would be notice of the same.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, most cities would post the changes in local government buildings and run the change in the local newspaper.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you need anything further, please let me know. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!