How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The issue I have is that my neighbor added an additional

Customer Question

The issue I have is that my neighbor added an additional foot to heighten the wall between our two properties. The HOA requires all structural and landscaping planning be applied for and approved by our HOA Architectual Review Committee (ARC). The ARC application requires the signatures of the surrounding neighbors.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: The issue is that no one...not the neighbor, the ARC, or subdivision sales office...notified my husband and I. The ARC form was NOT presented to us for signature and no one contacted until we made calls about the work being done. Because this was a structural change to the property line, I feel that we should have been consulted by the neighbor, but since the neighbor submitted the form without our signatures, the ARC moved to approve the work...which was performed this morning.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My question is whether or not I will have standing in suing the ARC and Shea Homes in violating the ARC mandate, especially since this is a structural issue on a property line.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: And no I haven't contacted a lawyer yet. I was searching for a HOA attorney when I came upon this website. I thought perhaps guidance as to whether or not there is something to looked at and addressed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Related Real Estate Law Questions