Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can people living in a condominium conduct a business out of

Customer Question
there garage on a daily...
can people living in a condominium conduct a business out of there garage on a daily basis?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: socallegalwork, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
socallegalwork

The first source to look to would be the HOA governing documents to see if there are rules relating to home-based businesses. Next you would need to look to local city and county laws. Depending on the business (is it an internet based business or are they storing and selling merchandise directly from those premises? Is it service based such as an attorney with a home office?) they may need a special license, zoning affidavit, etc.

Bot***** *****ne- home based businesses are not illegal per say, but they have to to abide by the HOA rules, local laws and state laws.

socallegalwork
socallegalwork
socallegalwork, Lawyer