Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is the Property Management Co. with 3 board of directors allowed to: A neighbour took pictures of me supposedly...

Customer Question
Is the Property Management Co...
Is the Property Management Co. with 3 board of directors allowed to:
A neighbour took pictures of me supposedly holding my cat in the hallway at his peephole. The Property Management company forwarded it to a lawyer they said for an opinion without disclosing to me that there was any type of complaint. The police have advised this neighbour not to take pictures or they would charge him. This particular neighbor has also accused us of scratching his door, and other things that are utterly untruthful. We do not even know his name, and he has told the police "we are spying on him". Anyways, long story short, does the condo have the right to submit for legal advise without notifying us of what we are being blamed for now?
Lyn
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

The Management Company here can consult with their lawyers--likely they thought there was not a valid complaint.If they decided to pursue this then they have to notify you and offer you the chance to present your side of the story.But in this situation they may well decide there was no harm.

They haven't yet decided to take this further, if they do and thats a big if you have the right here to present your side and have it fairly considered.

You have good facts if for some reason they pursue this, it is my guess they will close it and find no harm by you or your cat.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you have had to deal with this neighbor.Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question was not answered Ray. The question is Does the property management or board of directors have the right to be the middle man, use condo owners lawyer expenses to support this matter? Is it not a police matter? I do not want to be billed another $30.00 for an answer. Thanks. Lyn

The property management company has a right to legal advice here from the association lawyer.You would have the same right to consult with your lawyer.And the Association would pay the lawyer.

Ray, Lawyer