How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117442
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our barn burned down. Loss $00k. Agency and carrier say so

Customer Question

Our barn burned down. Loss $00k.
Agency and carrier say so sad, too bad you didn't notice we dropped outbuilding coverage. Any recourse?
(Paid the same agency premiums 30 plus years)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you ever receive notice from your agent or your insurer about the cancellation of the policy? The MI law requires your insurer to give you written notice of cancellation of a policy. If the agent or insurer neglected to send such notice, you can sue them for damages and your losses for their improper cancellation of the policy and that would be your only recourse.