Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given 6

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given 6 months to 1 year to live. There is a possibility to live a bit longer. I am on indefinate medical leave from work. I am 63 and have only my SSI now to live on which doesn't give me enough to pay my mortgage and the other bills I have. When I quit payments how long would it take them to foreclose? I would like to stay in my home as long as possible and not burden my children. I do not think it would be a good idea to tell the mortgage company of my medical diagnosis. Any advise you can give me would be appreciated.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. At this time, are you current on your payments?

Hi, are you still with me?