Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a purchase and sale agreement executed by buyer and

Customer Question
seller. We are ready to...
I have a purchase and sale agreement executed by buyer and seller. We are ready to close, awaiting one document transferring solar to buyer. Can the seller legally get out of the agreement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/18/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

Not legally no, unless the buyer agrees to terminate the contract and release the seller. If seller is getting cold feet and doesn't want to close, the buyer could file suit for "specific performance" and have a judge order the seller to continue on with the sale under threat of contempt of court and up to 6 months in jail..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer