How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a rv trailer patk in lakeside and have rented a

Customer Question

I live in a rv trailer patk in lakeside and have rented a space for 2 years now after many disagreements with landlord she has become very verbaly disresoectful and at this date she has first a week ago changed the lock on the park bathroom where all yenants had access to the showets etc as the city made them provide a bathrom /shower area to provide handicapped use as it is a senior park wen i approached her re this she told me that she thought a pipe broke in there and wen she changed the lock she realized she had no key to the new lock and needed to have it drilled out and reopen for use she then apologized and told me that if my husband could do that for her it would be a big help so he did this but for two days it was left with no knob n a hole to see in and novway to lock for safety i then asked het if it possible to fix n she got mad and said in due tome so now she has turned off the water to it so theres no running water for tenants with handicapps to shower or use toilet i dont want to approach het again as it becomes such a verbal abrasive situation but with this heat wave im also stressed re this my husband needs this and i myself go in for surgery in one week for hysterectomy and this is going to cause a hard situation please help wr need to know what help if any we may access thank you sandra gress
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you have the finances then the best bet is to hire a local lawyer. You may even be able to get together with some other tenants and split the price. You can also recover your attorney's fees form them.

If finances are tight, and things are tight for lots of people right now, then you can try Legal Aid in your area. They will usually help in Landlord/Tenant situations. It looks like this is going to be a hot summer now that it has started and so you definitely want to get things moving.

Also, you can contact the health department for your area and they may assist.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont feel i was infirmed much that would help me know if i have rights re this i have legal aide number but is closed fir weekend and wr are helpless
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you are asking then. I was answering " wr need to know what help if any we may access"

Would you please list your specific question so I'm sure that I give you a specific answer?

Related Real Estate Law Questions