Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How many cats am i allowed to have? i have had prob 6 cats

Customer Question
for years and a new...
How many cats am i allowed to have? i have had prob 6 cats for years and a new property management company bought the building i live in and has forced me to get rid of my pets, set up cat traps for my cats only, and had two of them taken to i dont know where - then called animal control. now my daughter is really upset and she is 12. is this legal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney

I am sorry to hear this.

Where is the building located?

Do you have a written lease or rental agreement? If so, does it say anything about pets?

What if any notice did they give you that they wanted to limit the number of cats you can have?

Tina, Lawyer