How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19140
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On June 6, 2016, we made a Motion to Set Aside Final

Customer Question

On June 6, 2016, we made a Motion to Set Aside Final Judgment of Foreclosure. We are asking the Court for a hearing. The date for Sale is for July 10, 2016. So far, we haven't gotten a notice from the court. What should we do in case we don't get the hearing before the date of the Sale?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection to suspend the foreclosure sale.

Once you file, you must give a Notice of the Bankruptcy Case Filing to the person handling the foreclosure for the lender and also to the Court.

The filing fee for Chapter 13 is $310.00

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions