How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live out of state. I have been contacting lawyers via

Customer Question

I live out of state. I have been contacting lawyers via internet , but no one replies. I have a condo in West Hollywood. I want to change my deed to transfer at death to my children and make them part owners of the property by gift right now....not at such a large amount which would require a gift tax return ( my son lives in the condo and it would be nice to get homestead exemption, but the goal is to make the property Transfer On Death to my children,
I have emailed two lawyers, but never received a response. Yes, I would pay the $36 fee, if you could find a lawyer who would do this. Actually my husband is a real estate attorney. We live in S.C. I have done this with my other properties as an estate technique. I am a CPA. Just need someone to write the deed and record it I would supposed, if it is such a hassle, my husband could write it and we could pay the firm to review and just record it.
I need to find someone who will do this.
Can you assist me?
Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Essentially what you are seeking is either a quitclaim or a life estate deed. JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients. The best I can do is refer you to a third party referral service for attorneys. But we cannot draft documents or take you on as a client, I am afraid.