How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40978
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal lender to change a loan from an FHA to a

Customer Question

Is it legal for a lender to change a loan from an FHA to a conventional loan without my knowledge? I am in Nassau County, New York.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No it would not be legal to change here without telling you and you giving written informed consent.You can report this and seek to have action taken to resolve it.The NY Department of Financial Services can help you here.

It certainly was not proper and you have rights to correct this matter since you did not give consent to such a change.

  • I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I would file with the state Attorney General Consumer Section too

Related Real Estate Law Questions