Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is it legal lender to change a loan from an FHA to a

Customer Question
Is it legal for a...
Is it legal for a lender to change a loan from an FHA to a conventional loan without my knowledge? I am in Nassau County, New York.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No it would not be legal to change here without telling you and you giving written informed consent.You can report this and seek to have action taken to resolve it.The NY Department of Financial Services can help you here.

http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm

It certainly was not proper and you have rights to correct this matter since you did not give consent to such a change.

• I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

I would file with the state Attorney General Consumer Section too

https://forms.ag.ny.gov/CIS/consumer-complaints.jsp

Ray, Lawyer