RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Husband passed away ten years ago. no will title or home

Customer Question

husband passed away ten years ago. no will title or home joint tenancy. sold house in february husbands daughter received half of funds for sale. is she entitled to these funds
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

If you were joint tenants with your husband on the house, then at his passing, title would have passed entirely to you. Therefore when it was sold, you should have received all of the money. If she was the joint tenant, however, then she would be entitled to all of the money from the sale of the home.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Oitherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars,as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating.Thank you.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to follow up with you. Were you not able to view my response?