Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can a landlord remove a tenants property once an eviction

Customer Question

can a landlord remove a tenants property once an eviction notice has been given. I'M IN MD. ,BALTIMORE COUNTY ITS A RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying before the landlord has gone to court and gotten a formal order of eviction from a judge?

.

Has the landlord just given the tenant a written notice to vacate or has an actual summons and complaint been delivered?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have taken the tenant to court for back rent and got a judgement. i went back to the courthouse and filed a warrant of restitution and have recieved a copy signed by the judge of eviction. now i want to know if i can get rid of the tenants property
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I think I just answered another question that is identical to this one in another thread... But you have to schedule and wait on the constable to appear and oversee any removal because they have to check the property for any illegal items that might have been left on the property and take it into their custody if anything is discovered.

.

.

thanks