How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a property surveying company who was not granted

Customer Question

I have a property surveying company who was not granted permission to perform services on my property claiming he came and performed the services on my property. He is threatening that I owe 450 for services rendered on my proprty in NC. He is saying a lien will be filed if not paid the 450. There was no written contract or otherwise verbal agreement for the services. Am I obligated to pay? Does he have enough without a written contract or any proof of performing the service other than anot invoice he sent me in the mail. He did not perform any survey of my property and if he did it was without my acknowledgement or authorization. Do I need a lawyer? I do not want to pay 450 for something I did not receive nor do I want a lien or my property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll b algid to assist.

If you didn't enter into an agreement with this surveyor -- verbal or written -- to perform work for you, then you should have no legal obligation to this company.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the surveyor has no proof that you signed an agreement or orally requested that this work be done, then the surveyor would have a difficult time proving that you agreed and that you're obligated to pay.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The best thing you could do is consult a local lawyer and have him/her write this surveyor and demand that he cease contacting you about work that you never requested or authorized.....and see if that doesn't stop the contact from this guy.