How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife passed away and her live in care givers want to stay

Customer Question

my wife passed away and her live in care givers want to stay in the house in Calif. i do not live there. i told them they could stay there for 3 months rent free. then we would have to come up with a rental agreement. people have been telling me i need to cover my self with an agreement. they were so good to my wife it is hard to believe they would cause trouble. but one really can not work any more because of deteriorating health and gets only 700 per month social security. so dont want to just push them out with no where to go. what kind of liability am i setting my self up for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? How long have they been staying there? Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions