Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in Colorado and own land in . I am wanting to sell it

Customer Question

I live in Colorado and own land in Washington. I am wanting to sell it but there is a squatter there who has moved in her "stuff' and is running the realtor off. A couple years ago, she even put in a new well pump without my permission. At that time, I went out there and made her rent the land and she paid for about a year then she quit paying. I went back put there and her stuff was off the land. I have called the sheriff but they say it's a civil matter.
What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how long the person has been living there?

.

Do you know the person?

.

How long ago did she stop paying rent?

.

Was there an agreed on amount of rent?

.

And the obvious question.... is there some reason why you didn't move to evict her once she stopped paying rent?

.

.

thanks