How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33935
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid off my home mortgage 12/11/15. I am having a problem

Customer Question

I paid off my home mortgage 12/11/15. I am having a problem getting the bank to send the reconveyance to Ventura County Recorder. They sent it once to the wrong county, it was rejected and returned to them. I gave them the correct address and they re-sent it, but it was again rejected because they did not sign and notarize the document. I am now having a problem geting them to resend. I have talked with 5 or 6 people at the bank but they cannot give me an answer. What do I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The best thing to do is just to take a certified copy yourself and register it in Ventura County. However, you can also 1) sue the bank to force them to do it (expensive), or 2) file a complaint with the state banking regulators. The best place to file the complaint is through the State AG at They may refer you to another agency but it is better to start with the AG.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.