How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 102191
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Grand Junctuion,CO. years I have tried to keep my

Customer Question

I live in Grand Junctuion,CO. For 8 years I have tried to keep my neighbors trespassing on my property. 4 years ago I went to trial and received a court order stating they were able to use A VERY LIMITED part of my property (part of a drive way). Over the last 4 years they have little by little encroched on my property again. I call the sheriff for help and am told they can not do anything.
My question is, Why can't my court order be enforce? Who do I talk to for help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately, unless the trespass has some criminal intent, the police are unlikely to get involved. Someone in your situation has to go back to court to enforce the order. This is often done by filing a contempt motion if there is an injunction against them and they are breaking it. See HERE. The Court may admonish the party, fine them, and/or even jail them for malicious actions.

NOTE that I understand that this is in violation of a standing injunction. If not, then please reply and let me know as the answer may then be different.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!