How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33540
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I and my wife own rental real estate properties in Northern

Customer Question

I and my wife own rental real estate properties in Northern Virginia ( Arlington and Ashburn ) We are not happy with the current property manager, he has been very irregular
in depositing the rental income to my bank account. Not very responsive in replying to my e-mails. There are outstanding arrears that need to be paid.
What are my options ? Please e-mail me with your suggestions
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Can you terminate the current manager and hire a replacement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can, but I am not able to contact him. Can I send a registered letter to him asking him to be replaced ? Should I hire another agency to contact the tenants ?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for following up.

If you have a written contract, follow the provisions in the agreement for how notice must be given by the parties. You may first want to review the contract for the events of breach so that you may cite them in the termination letter.

Also, you may want to have new management lined up before you terminate, but do not sign any new agreements until the first one is terminated or, at least make the termination a condition precedent.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

If you can resolve the problem I look forward to speaking with you.

Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.